Nicki Vreeland from the Healthy Communities Mental Health Action Team shares tips and resources for caring for yourself.
• It’s important to practice self care, both emotionally and physically during crisis
• Now is the time when we experience emotional fluctuations, so it’s important to take care of yourself.
• Keep a routine — get up and get started every day. Important for teenagers, but may be difficult.
• Regular schedule will keep bodies in rhythm.
• Eat a healthy diet – stay away from overly processed foods, cooking at home. Try experimenting with new fruits and vegetables – they can boost your mood
• Get out and exercise – releases endorphins and you can get natural sunlight
• Give yourself some grace – it’s totally OK if some days aren’t the best
Family Service Inc.:
812-266-0575, 9a-4p, 812-372-3745 to leave a message
Centerstone Crisis Line:
National Suicide Hotline:
800-273-8255, text and social media options available
Follow us on Facebook:
Follow on Instagram: