Mayor Lienhoop discusses what we need to do as we start to discuss reopening businesses, and the Columbus INvigorate small business loan program. Highlights include:
• Governor has extended Stay-At-Home order to May 1
• What will reopening look like? – New health and safety habits with respect to visits to any type of public place.
• Could be store, church, workplace — wear a face covering and use hand sanitizer
• Anticipate that when Governor gives guidelines, these will be required.
• City has been affected – 35 have tested positive (out of 425 employees), with one still in quarantine
• Essential services have still been able to be operational
Columbus Invigorate (columbus.in.gov)
• City has come forward with $1M for small business loans/funding
• Loan program administered by ARa
• Less than $2M in gross receipts, less than 50 employees, areas within City or TIF district
• Applications accepted through April 30
Plan for Reopening
• Taking cue from Governor Holcomb
• Begin thinking now about the health and safety habits you may need to continue for quite some time.
• Some reopening may come earlier than some may want, but have masks, gloves and sanitizer on hand
• Thanks to all who have practiced social distancing – you have flattened the curve
• Thanks to health care workers