It’s still possible to have lots of Halloween fun while reducing your risk for COVID-19 exposure. Here are a few ideas for low risk activities from the CDC.
- Hide Halloween treats in and around your house. Hold a Halloween treat hunt with household members.
- Hold an outdoor costume parade or contest so everyone can show off their costumes.
- Host an outdoor Halloween movie night with friends or neighbors or an indoor movie night with your household members.
- Participating in one-way trick-or-treating where individually wrapped goodie bags are lined up for families to grab and go while continuing to social distance (such as at the end of a driveway or at the edge of a yard)
Remember to always
- Wear a cloth mask
- Indoors and outdoors, stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
With a little extra due diligence, we can help to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community while having a safe and happy Halloween.