Mayor Lienhoop presented an update today – highlights include:
Two Words to share: Caution and Patience
• We will need both to get through the next phase of our response to COVID-19
• Governor has given direction on how to reopen
• Five Phase Plan that will extend until July 4 when all restrictions are lifted
• We are currently in Phase 2, Phase 3 begins on May 24, but only if we are ready.
• We will be watching CRH statistics to see if they have sufficient capacity to care for those who may need treatment for COVID-19
• City will make a decision around May 20 to decide if opening will be moving to Phase 3 based on these factors
• We still need to practice safety and personal hygiene.
• In stores, most customers and employees are wearing face masks/coverings, but not all – critical that we continue to exercise behaviors moving forward
• Continue to stay at home if you have risk factors, use hand sanitizer/gloves, wear a mask when out.
• City has funded
• Information is on City website
• First round of applications has ended – 56 applications, 6 from outside the City, so they are not eligible. Committee is making decisions on which will receive funding
• HUD funding for rental assistance for those who need help making rent payments